Our Estate Planning Practice
We provide family-focused estate planning that is affordable, customized, and carefully designed around the needs of your family. We can help you:
- Set up a living trust to reduce probate expenses and make sure your family members are taken care of after you’re gone
- Appoint a guardian for your minor children in case anything should happen to you or your spouse
- State your wishes for end-of-life care, so that you can pass away with dignity when the time comes
- And More.
Creating a proper estate plan may be the most important thing you can do to protect yourself, your family, and your assets. An estate plan has numerous benefits, both during your life and after your death. First, a proper estate plan protects you during your life by providing a predetermined plan of who will oversee you and your assets—and how such oversight will take place—in the event you become incapacitated. Without such a plan, your well-being would be left to the determination of the Courts.
Additionally, after death, a proper estate plan provides for your loved ones by setting out in an orderly, predetermined manner how your assets will be held, administered, and ultimately distributed. Such an estate plan can provide for your family without putting them through costly, time-consuming probate process. However, many people wait until its too late. Serious accidents or illnesses may occur at any time and when least unexpected, so it is never too early to call Cross Law to discuss creating an estate plan to fit your needs.
We Offer Wide Range Of Estate Planning Services
We have extensive experience developing and implementing estate plans for all sizes of estates, big and small. From simple to complex, we can create a plan that meets your specific needs and desires. We focus on customized and practical plans designed to accomplish each client’s individual goals. Some common estate planning services provided include:
- Living trust (also called a revocable trust)
- Pour-over will1
- Durable Power of Attorney for Finances
- Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare Decisions
- Various “funding” documents, such as deeds, trust certifications and assignments
In addition to the above services, we are also highly experienced in designing more advanced estate plans for individuals with more complex needs, including reduction of estate or gift taxes. Such advanced estate planning tools may include:
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust (ILIT)
- Qualified personal residence trust (QPRT)
- Family limited partnership (FLP)
- Grantor trusts (also known as “defective trusts”)
- Grantor retainer annuity trusts (GRAT)
- Charitable trust or private foundation
- Dynasty trusts
- Asset protection trusts
Cross Law also regularly advises clients on charitable planning for those who wish to leave a portion of their estate to charity. There are a variety of ways in which clients can benefit both a charity and their estates at the same time. We can develop the perfect charitable plan for you, including a charitable trust, private foundation, or other device.
Contact Us For An Estate Plan Today
Estate plans are vital for everyone, whether you have a large or small estate. You do not want to leave yourself and your family members unprotected, so contact us if you need to create or change your estate plan.