Founder & Principal Attorney
Tyson P. Cross is the founder and principal attorney of Cross Law Group, PC. His practice focuses primarily on estate planning and probate, with a particular emphasis on tax planning for high net worth families. Tyson is licensed to practice law in both California and Nevada, making him uniquely qualified to assist clients with estate planning and tax issues that involve both states.
Tyson graduated cum laude from the Boyd School of Law at UNLV and went on to earn a Masters of Laws in Taxation (LL.M.) from New York University School of Law, the nation’s highest ranked and most prestigious tax law program. While in law school, Tyson was an editor of the Gaming Law Journal and president of the Nevada Justice Association. He was also given the CALI Award for Excellence in estate planning, real estate transactional drafting, and property law. Tyson holds a bachelor’s degree in Finance from the University of Nevada, Reno and graduated from Bishop Manogue High School.
Prior to founding Cross Law Group, Tyson was an associate attorney at a boutique tax firm in San Diego, California, where he represented clients in complex tax litigation and controversies before the Internal Revenue Service and California Franchise Tax Board.
When not practicing law, Tyson enjoys spending time with his wife and four young children. Tyson and his family actively attend Life Church in Reno, NV. He is also on the Board of Trustees for the the Community Foundation of Western Nevada.
New York University School of Law – Masters of Laws in Taxation (LL.M.) (2012)
University of Nevada, Las Vegas Boyd School of Law – Juris Doctor (2011)
University of Nevada, Reno – Bachelor of Science in Finance (2008)
State Bar of Nevada
State Bar of California
United States Tax Court
Tyson has a broad range of experience in tax planning and asset protection for high net worth clients, including:
- Locking in the $11.7 million estate tax exemption with a completed gift to a Intentionally Defective Grantor Trust (IDGT);
- Freezing the value of pre-IPO stock and transferring future appreciation to the client’s children through the use of a Grantor Retained Annuity Trust (GRAT);
- Sheltering assets from creditors and lawsuits with a Nevada Asset Protection Trust;
- Consolidating management of and reducing estate taxes on multi-million dollar cryptocurrency holdings through the use of a Family Limited Partnership;
- Eliminating capital gains tax payable to the State of California through the use of a Nevada Incomplete Non-Grantor (NING) trust
Super Lawyers, Mountain Region Rising Stars, 2019 – 2021
Nevada’s Legal Elite, Nevada Business Journal, 2015 – 2021,
Avvo Client Choice Award, 2015 – 2017